Fresh Breath Centre
Bad Breath can be effectively treated
A little bit of effort can go a long way in keeping your oral health and dental hygiene in optimal condition. Beyond brushing, there are a whole host of things you can do to keep your teeth strong and healthy, your mouth free of bacteria and your breath smelling sweet.
Bad breath can be caused by any number of reasons - from digestive tract problems to simply eating odour-packed foods. On the other hand, it could be a sign of something wrong in your mouth.
Odour-producing bacteria growing in your mouth - particularly under your gums or on your tongue is the most common cause of bad breath. This can be treated and prevented. The TLC Fresh Breath Centre will help diagnose and treat this problem.
The TLC Dental approach to finding the best treatment option for you includes the completion of a detailed questionnaire followed by a comprehensive examination to find the cause.
Patients will be advised on the best form of treatment which may involve gum treatment, dental treatment where patients may be referred to Dr Hoffenberg for a follow up treatment or if it is felt that the cause of the problem may be a more significant medical issues, patients may be referred to a relevant medical practice to a GP who will refer them on to an Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon or a Gastric Surgeon, for example. TLC Dental will also have the adjunct to help prevent bad breath.
Plaque Testing will highlight new and old plaque so you can see how quickly plaque forms and why it is necessary to maintain a good oral hygiene protocol.
Our oral hygienist will guide you in the best way to look after your teeth.
How healthy is your mouth?
- Is your mouth hydrated, your gums soft and your breath odourless?
- Is your tongue a healthy colour with no coating, cracks or spots?
- Do you brush your teeth and tongue after each meal?
- Do you floss your teeth and gums regularly?
- Do you have a healthy diet with lots of fruit, vegetables, grains, dairy, healthy fats and meat and minimal amounts of sugar?
- Do you drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day?
- Do you rinse your mouth after drinking soft drinks or sports drinks?
- Do you chew your food thoroughly?
- Do you visit your dentist every six months?
If you said YES to more than four, well done! You're looking after your mouth.
If you could use a care boost, come see us at TLC Dental.