Dental Veneers: The Pros and Cons
If you think that having a brilliant smile is only available to a lucky few, don’t despair. With advances in materials and dental technology over the years, there is a wide range of options available to get the smile of your dreams. One such treatment which has become popular with Sydney professionals is porcelain dental veneers. Veneers are a great option for anyone who wants to do something about the appearance of their teeth.
What Are Porcelain Dental Veneers?
You may hear them referred to as porcelain veneers or dental veneers. Dr Hoffenberg uses them to conceal all types of cosmetic dental flaws. There are two types of material used for veneers – porcelain and composite resin. There are differences in price, durability and look between the two choices. In this article, we’re looking at porcelain veneers, which are made from premium ceramic material and customised for you using impressions of your teeth. Dr Hoffenberg customises the ultra-thin shells of porcelain to address your unique needs and then bonds them securely to the front surfaces of your teeth.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain is extremely durable and closely mimics the appearance of your natural teeth.
- With with proper care, your veneers can last as long as 15 years.
- Porcelain is resistant to stains.
- The material can be made in any shade of white, so it’s often used as part of a smile makeover.
- Treatment is usually done in 2 office visits.
Cosmetic Flaws Solved by Dental Veneers
Porcelain dental veneers are used more frequently today in cosmetic dentistry because they look natural, resist staining, and can be used to address numerous smile flaws.
- Mask severely stained teeth which have not improved with teeth whitening treatments.
- Repairs chipped teeth.
- Closes gaps between teeth.
- Improves the shape or size of a tooth.
- Fixes slight tooth misalignment.
When you come in for your free smile assessment, Dr Hoffemberg will talk to you about your concerns and work with you to customise your veneers to fit your unique needs and desires.
Our experienced cosmetic dental team has helped numerous busy professionals across the CBD get that awesome smile they’ve always wanted. Take a look at some of the before and after pictures of other patients, then call us to schedule your free cosmetic dental consultation.