Very few Ozzies are lucky enough to have naturally white, perfect smiles. We drink lots of tea, wine and soft drinks, maybe there’s been some dental trauma in the past, or genetics just gave you a less than perfect smile.
If you’re bothered by a dull or wonky smile and are ready to do something about it, Dr Hoff and the TLC Dental team have plenty of advanced options available! Clear aligners and porcelain veneers are two popular cosmetic procedures in Sydney’s CBD because they are proven, simple, and last for a long time. We see many of the CBD’s busy professionals, many of whom interact with clients and coworkers on a daily basis, so having a great smile is very important to them.
The best option for you depends on your goals, and the current health and look of your teeth.
Clear Aligner Orthodontics
Clear aligners such as ClearCorrect and SureSmile are alternatives to traditional metal braces, and makes it possible to straighten your teeth with comfort and without being noticeable to all but your closest friends. Clear aligners do have some limitations, and in some extreme cases, we will recommend traditional braces. Most of our orthodontic patients though are able to take advantage of invisible braces.
ClearCorrect is a proven alternative to other popular brands of clear aligners. It operates basically the same way, and we’ve used it in our practice for quite some time. We’re very happy with the results that both technologies have given our patients.
Here’s how the process works:
- We create a set of customised aligners based on your teeth and needs.
- Every few weeks, you’ll swap out the aligners for a new set which will move your teeth ever so slightly to new positions.
- You’ll be able to take out your aligners for cleaning and eating, otherwise they’ll stay on for about 22 hours a day, even while you sleep.
- The treatment time runs anywhere from six to 18 months depending on what is needed.
Why Choose SureSmile or ClearCorrect?
Both SureSmile and ClearCorrect are proven technologies which are very popular with our CBD dental patients. They is very good at correcting some of the following items:
- Minor crowding
- Gaps and spacing
- Overall bite alignment
If alignment and minor bite issues aren’t a big concern, you may want to check out what porcelain veneers can do for you.
Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain shells that are customised for your teeth. They are bonds to the outside of your teeth, and are usually made for the front upper and lower “smiley” teeth. Porcelain is very stain resistant and can be made to blend perfectly into your smile and cover up any imperfections. They are also a popular option when looking to whiten your smile when normal teeth whitening has failed to get the results you desire.
Why Choose Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a popular choice for many adults to correct issues such as:
- Permanent discoloration that whitening can’t fix
- Chips and cracks
- Gap between teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Overall smile makeover/enhancement
Both veneers and clear aligners can address issues such as minor spacing issues. During your free consultation with Dr Hoff, you’ll be able to determine which treatment is best for you, both in terms of outcome, cost and function.
When to Choose Veneers or Clear Aligners:
- The size and shape of my teeth are fine, but they are a bit crowded – SureSmile or ClearCorrect
- My teeth are pretty straight and aligned, but teeth whitening isn’t getting my smile as white as I would like. – veneers
- There are chips in my teeth – veneers.
Whether you want to begin porcelain veneer treatment, SureSmile / ClearCorrect or just have a free smile assessment, Dr Hoff and his experienced team is here to help you get that smile you desire. Call us today.